Table of Contents
1. Effective Date
- Effective Date: 1st March 2021
- This Privacy Notice is intended to help users understand what data is collected by the app, why we collect it, what we do with it, and our privacy controls. This Notice provides information about our privacy practices which generally describes how we treat user information in Nuronics’s products and services.
3. What Personal Information About Customers Does Nuronics Collect?
We collect your personal information to provide and continually improve our products and services.
Here are the types of personal information we collect:
- Information You Give Us:We receive and store any information you provide in relation to Nuronics Services. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our Nuronics Services.
- Automatic Information:We automatically collect and store certain types of information about your use of Nuronics Services, Apps and Website, including information about your interaction with content and services available through Nuronics Services. Like many websites, we use “cookies” and other unique identifiers, and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser or device accesses Nuronics Services and other content served by or on behalf of Nuronics on other websites.
- Information from Other Sources:We might receive information about you from other sources.
4. For What Purposes Does Nuronics Use Your Personal Information?
We use your personal information to operate, provide, develop, and improve the products and services that we offer our customers. These purposes include:
- Purchase and delivery of products and services.We use your personal information to take and handle orders, deliver products and services, process payments, and communicate with you about orders, products and services, and promotional offers.
- Provide, troubleshoot, and improve Nuronics Services.We use your personal information to provide functionality, analyze performance, fix errors, and improve the usability and effectiveness of the Nuronics Services.
- Recommendations and personalization.We use your personal information to recommend features, products, and services that might be of interest to you, identify your preferences, and personalize your experience with Nuronics Services.
- Provide text, voice, image and camera services.When you use our text, voice, image and camera services, we use your voice input, images, videos, and other personal information to respond to your requests, provide the requested service to you, and improve our services, apps and website
- Comply with legal obligations.In certain cases, we collect and use your personal information to comply with laws.
- Communicate with you.We use your personal information to communicate with you in relation to Nuronics Services, Apps and Websites via different channels (e.g., by phone, e-mail, chat).
- We use your personal information to display interest-based ads for features, products, and services that might be of interest to you. We do not use information that personally identifies you to display interest-based ads.
- Fraud Prevention and Credit Risks.We use personal information to prevent and detect fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of our customers, Nuronics, and others. We may also use scoring methods to assess and manage credit risks.
5. Does Nuronics Share Your Personal Information?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling our customers’ personal information to others. We share customers’ personal information only as described below and with subsidiaries of Nuronics controls that either are subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
- Transactions involving Third Parties:We make available to you services, products, applications, or skills provided by third parties for use on or through Nuronics Services. For example, you can order products from third parties through our stores, download applications from third-party application providers from our App Store, and enable third-party skills. You can tell when a third party is involved in your transactions, and we share customers’ personal information related to those transactions with that third party.
- Third-Party Service Providers:We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders for products or services, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing payments, transmitting content, scoring, assessing and managing credit risk, and providing customer service. These third-party service providers have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but may not use it for other purposes.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy other businesses or services. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that Nuronics or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
6. How Secure Is Information About Me?
- We design our systems with your security and privacy in mind.
- We work to protect the security of your personal information during transmission by using encryption protocols and software.
- We follow the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) when handling credit card data.
- We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage, and disclosure of personal customer information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
- We adopt adequate measures to prevent unauthorized access to Your Personal Information. You can control these features and configure them based on your needs.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computers, devices, and applications. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer or mobile device
- Link to currents API : https://currentsapi.services/en
- Links to currents API data : https://currentsapi.services/en/data
- Link to terms of currents API: https://currentsapi.services/terms
7. What About Advertising?
- Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites:Nuronics Services may include third-party advertising and links to other websites and apps. Third-party advertising partners may collect information about you when you interact with their content, advertising, and services.
- Use of Third-Party Advertising Services:We provide ad companies with information that allows them to serve you with more useful and relevant Nuronics ads and to measure their effectiveness. We never share your name or other information that directly identifies you when we do this. Instead, we use an advertising identifier like a cookie or other device identifier. For example, if you have already downloaded one of our apps, we will share your advertising identifier and data about that event so that you will not be served an ad to download the app again. Some ad companies also use this information to serve you relevant ads from other advertisers.
8. What About Cookies and Other Identifiers?
- Recognizing you when you sign-in to use our services. This allows us to provide you with product recommendations, display personalized content, and provide other customized features and services.
- Keeping track of your specific preferences. This allows us to honor your preferences, such as whether or not you would like to see interest-based ads.
- Keeping track of items stored in your shopping cart.
- Conducting research and diagnostics to improve Nuronics’s content, products, and services.
- Preventing fraudulent activity.
- Improving security.
- Delivering content, including ads, relevant to your interests on Nuronics sites and third-party sites
- This allows us to measure and analyze the performance of our services.
Nuronics’s cookies allow you to take advantage of some of Nuronics’s essential features. For instance, if you block or otherwise reject our cookies, you will not be able to add items to your Shopping Cart, proceed to Checkout, or use any Nuronics products and services that require you to sign in.
You can manage browser cookies through your browser settings. The ‘Help’ feature on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, how to block cookies, and when cookies will expire. If you block all cookies on your browser, neither we nor third parties will transfer cookies to your browser. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some features and services may not work.
You may choose to give us access to your contacts to make it easy for you to do things like share and collaborate on your stuff, send messages, and invite others to use the Services. If you do, we’ll store those contacts on our servers for you to use.
10. Device information
We also collect information from and about the devices you use to access the Services. This includes things like IP addresses, the type of browser and device you use, the web page you visited before coming to our sites, and identifiers associated with your devices. Your devices (depending on their settings) may also transmit location information to the Services. For example, we use device information to detect abuse and identify and troubleshoot bugs.
We give users the option to use some of our Services free of charge. These free Services are made possible by the fact that some users upgrade to one of our paid Services. If you register for our Services, we will, from time to time, send you information about upgrades when permissible. Users who receive these marketing materials can opt out at any time. If you don’t want to receive a particular type of marketing material from us, click the ‘unsubscribe’ link in the corresponding emails, or update your preferences in the Notifications section of your personal account.
12. Information Transferred Internationally
To provide you with the Services, we may store, process, and transmit data in India, United States and locations around the world—including those outside your country. Data may also be stored locally on the devices you use to access the Services.
13. Your Control and Access of Your Data
You have control over your personal data and how it’s collected, used, and shared. For example, you can:
- Delete your stuff in your Nuronics account
- Change or correct personal data.You can manage your account and the content contained in it, as well as edit some of your personal data, through the settings page.
- Access and take your data elsewhere.You can access your personal data from your Nuronics account, and you can download a copy of your stuff. You can also ask us for a copy of personal data you provided to us or that we’ve collected, the business or commercial purpose for collecting it, the types of sources we got it from, and types of third parties we’ve shared it with.
- Object to the processing of your personal data.Depending on the processing activity, you can request that we stop or limit processing of your personal data.
- If you would like to submit a data access request, request that your personal data be deleted, or object to the processing of your personal data, please email us at email@example.com
If we’re involved in a reorganization, merger, acquisition, or sale of our assets, your data may be transferred as part of that deal. We’ll notify you (for example, via a message to the email address associated with your account) of any such deal and outline your choices in that event.